HALLOWEEN Candy Buyback Program
Candy Buy Back Program
In 2016 Move America Forward launched our very first Candy Buy Back Program where we encourage members of the community to trade-in their leftover Halloween candy for cash at partnering organizations who collect or buyback Halloween candy for 1 dollar a pound. Participating organizations, schools and of course any Orthodontics and Dentist offices are welcome to join us in our effort in 2017!
In our initial year Image Orthodontics and 8 other Sacramento area participants collected over 3400 pounds of candy. That is almost 3 Metric TONS of candy and a whole lot of support for our Heroes that are serving so far from home!
**In addition to candy we also accept letters/messages for the troops (unsealed), toothbrushes/or other oral hygienic care items, requests for support and any monetary donations for care packages!**
How to Participate!
Simply Sign- Up using the form below and let your network know you are collecting candy for the troops! This year’s suggested candy buyback/collection will take place November 1st through the 6th the weekend following Halloween. Individual locations times may vary. Participants are encouraged to take pictures, collect messages for the troops, and accept/collect other items for the care packages. The important part is making sure that our troops receive the warmth and love of home!
One of our founding partners, Image Orthodontics, awards students/children $1 for every pound of candy they donated and on top of that awards the school with the most candy is awarded a check matching the total amount of candy donated. Download PR
Move America Forward will pick up and distribute all candy collected in the Sacramento and surrounding areas by participating locations. If you are out side our area you can ship your candy directly to Move America Forward’s Operation Center where all the care packages are assembled:
ATTN: Candy Buy Back Program
Move America Forward
8795 Folsom Blvd 103
Sacramento, CA 9526
SIGN UP TO PARTICIPATE
Download Participation Flier
Isn’t Candy Bad for Kids and Troops?
- Care Packages deliver something priceless, the taste of home. While our troops serve so far from home and in harm’s way; items like candy might not be the most healthy but often remind them of being home with their loved ones and happy. It is gift and don’t forget these care packages include many other items like toothbrushes! (LINK to CARE PACKAGE ITEM)
Tips for Parents:
- Ask your son/daughter who is donating to write a letter for the Military Member they are giving their candy to
- Stress what this gift means to someone that is so far from home and how big of a impact sharing makes
- Ask family and friends to join you, make it competition
- Find out if you know anyone deployed and send a care package for them! (Request package/Donate package)
Tips for Partners:
- Hang Up Fliers
- Track your candy with a Chart made by staff and colored/signed by people who bring in candy
- Share Images of Troops
- Share Press Release
- Have a Care Package Request forms ready (no cost to request a care package – service member must be deployed)
- Help a local school: One of our founding partners, Image Orthodontics, awards students $1 for every pound of candy donated and on top of that awards the school with the most candy a check matching the total amount donated from that school
Tips on Shipping:
- If shipping to us use method most cost effective for your organization.
- USPS seems to be most cost effective but Freight companies and other companies might want to sponsor your delivery, they just need to be asked!
- Please include all proper contact information so we can send out thanks (Name, Company, Address, Email, Phone)